1.4 — Medieval Religious Writers — Readings
- St. Thomas Aquinas & skim Summa Theologica in Reader
- Ch.2 (Early Preclassical Economic Thought) in Landreth & Colander
Blaug unfortunately does not cover anything before mercantilism & the physiocrats.
The following Wikipedia entries can also provide more background on these writers and their famous works:
Questions to Help Your Reading
- What topics does Aquinas cover in his writings?
- What questions is he interested in?
- What is his style of inquiry?
- What does he say about whether prices are “just”?
- What is his view on usury?
- How does he engage with “the philosopher” (Aristotle)?